Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fun Under The Sun!




 Scorching sun and sticky weather is what July has offered so far, however finding a way to cool off is all you need to make sure that you are able to enjoy your summer.  What might you do to cool off?  Well try visiting two great waterparks right in your backyard.

There are two locations that I usually go to, one is Red Oaks Waterpark (located: 1455 East 13 Mile Road Madison Heights, MI  48071) and the other is Waterford Oaks Waterpark (located: 1702 Scott Lake Road Waterford MI, 48328).  I used to come to the water parks multiple times during the summers as a young child, and now as a young adult I come with my friends and family every chance I get.  These water park attractions can be fun for all ages, young and old.  For those of you who enjoy being outdoors, but do not want to be directly under the heat, the water park is the place for you.  You can cool off in the water and then warm up under the sun.  The water attractions offered at these water parks include:


  •  Triple Turn- These three water slides are beyond exciting, I normally love to race my friends down the slides. For those of you who are not the best swimmers, the water you slide into is no more than 3 feet, and there is a life-guard available to assist you. (At Red Oaks location)
  • Terrific Tides- a wave- action pool.  (The best part about this pool, is that it is heated! So even if it’s cloudy or windy, the water will feel wonderful.)  The waves occur about every 15 minutes, and for those of us who prefer to relax during the waves, there are tubes for you to float on or sit in.  I personally enjoy sitting in the tubes and have the waves take me away.  (At both locations)
  • River Ride- Relax in the 90-foot long moving river, and just be lazy.  After a long day at the water park, I love to sit in a tube and go down the river.  You can relax in a single tube or grab a friend or family member and sit in a two-seater tube and enjoy the ride. (At Red Oaks location)
  • Ragin' Rapid- This a group raft ride which starts at a height of three stories, takes the riders through 515 feet of drops and turns, ultimately leading you into a three-foot deep pool.  This ride is one of my favorites because I have so many memories with my family.  We go on this ride every chance we get, and always have laughs because my younger sister always gets scared.  I personally enjoy rides that I can sit with other people, instead of being alone. (At Waterford location)
  • Soak Station: For those of you coming with a family and have younger children, this is the place for them to be.  The soak station includes water jets, slides, bubbler jets, and a six-foot tipping bucket.  I’m not going to lie, I even enjoy the soak station because of the bucket. (At both locations)
Now, you must be thinking about food! There are picnic areas with tables and grills and the concessions stands.  For those of you who do not mind throwing a blanket on the grass and having your own picnic without a table, there is a lot of grassy areas for you to do so.  The concessions offer drinks, ice cream, pizza, fries and so on.  I personally love to pack my own picnic or grill with my family, but I always buy a cone of soft serve ice cream from the concessions.  It’s a great way to cool off. :)
Both water parks also include a bathhouse with lockers, showers, bathrooms and changing areas.  It is always wonderful to have a private area to change out of your wet swimsuits before heading home.
So the next time you’re looking for something to do head to Red Oaks or Waterford Waterpark where you’ll be able to cool off and enjoy the sun!

Images provided by google search. 

No comments:

Post a Comment